Honda Prelude Forum banner

K&n

5K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  bmv2000 
#1 ·
Ok so heres my story. I've been using a short ram for awhile now and I had been using a cheap air filter for all my filtering needs. So one day I decide to get a K@N filter for my 300zx turbo. I had bought the Z a few months back and I was hopping to get it running. Well i didn't so the K@N filter was just sitting in the car. One night I decide to take it off the z and try it on my lude. Now the filter that I had been using was from SPECTOR and was like 6-8 in long. The K&N one is like a freaking 1.5ft long.

Took my lude for a drive and OMG what a diff. No the one before wasnt dirty or anything but damn. Props up to K@N. They may be alittle more higher priced but in the end your gona be so much more happier. And your car will to.:inlove:

#2 ·
I have not felt a difference on any of my cars, but they all have a K&N. It is just nice to know that I have a quality filter that I never have to replace. I have used a K&N on everything btw, but honestly, unless you have a wicked HP car. The difference is only going to be in the ass dyno unless you were using a rock as a filter.

#5 ·
ive never liked k&n filters but most of my applications were off road oriented. ive seen sand in the bottom of airboxes on countless dirtbikes, quads, buggys, and even trucks... for the street tho it may be fine since you arent seeing sand roost very often. just my .02

#8 ·
K&N are provent hp uppers...maybe as little as one or two, but anything is better than nothing. Ive used them on my bike for 11yrs, and just installed on the lude yesterday...WOW! Total difference! I love the fact that its the last air filter i will ever have to buy for my vehicles.

#11 ·
ok K&N dont make a filter for 3gen. I have used them in a ford truck camaro camry celica and stratus. Each vehicle gets much better throttle responce and improve gas economy. the stratus gets 40 + mpg . They are good quality and pay for themself in a few months. I know I sound like the ad but this is the one wiz bang product that delivers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.