Honda Prelude Forum banner

How much oil does are h22 hold?

34K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  boomoto 
#1 ·
I'm just wondering what the exact amount of oil is recommend for the h22a, Well gotta figure out if a 4.4L is enough or if i have to buy 2, i cant remember from the last time lol..... But i'm going with the Castro edge its 50 bucks - 5 buck coupon so 45 bucks for 4.4L but its good for 25000km or 1 year what ever comes first :)

I drive the car only during the summer about 10-15k so i figure this will be worth it and just change the oil every year when i bring her back to life:p

#3 ·
Grammar fail? :laugh:

You'll need 5.2 quarts- so buy 6 at the store.

you know me long enough i dont care about e-grammar lol but 5.2 quarts is
4.92103532 liters so they largest they sell is 4.4 i guess i can just mix it with Castro synthetic i have lying around and that should be fine. so a mix of 89% edge and 11% other i just really don want to spend 45 bucks plus 50 bucks plus 15 bucks for a god dam oil change that would be 110 bucks plus tax so 125 bucks for an oil change lol....

#4 ·
You'll need more than 4.4. Maybe you can pull it off, but once you burn off some of it you'll need more anyway. If I was lucky enough to find the oil I wanted in 4.4L cans I'd buy two and change it when I ran out....although I'd need more than that for my summer oil change I bet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.