Honda Prelude Forum banner

Problems matching “Frost White” (NH-538) on my ’93…?!??!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  It Hertz 
#1 ·
Did some bodywork on both rear fenders, was hoping to simply get the paint color matched, put into a few aerosol spray cans, (as I did with my ’89 with great success…), and afterwards do a little wet-sanding & buffing, etc. to obtain at least ‘decent’ results. . . But NOT going well after three attempts since there are five or six variations of this color!?! (Plus of course, IT’S WHITE!)

So I’m looking for some help/advice, anything…(before I just frick’n LOSE IT!!!) In other words, is there some ‘technique’ for transitioning the two slightly different shades to sort of ‘blend’ & not jump out at ya?!?? - or is my ONLY choice to have the whole panel ‘professionally blended’ to match the adjacent panels?! (Or a way to blend it myself somehow?!?)

Appreciate any help guys!!!
THANKS!

sdhawkmansludes@hotmail.com

#2 ·
Do some research on blending paint. What it basically is you blend (feather) the new paint into the existing paint to mask the difference in the the two. Being that it is a 93 there will most likely be a difference in color from fading as well. White will have various tinting colors to it be it red, blue, yellow or green but some of at lease one of these to tone down the brightness in the white.

---
- Sent via tap-a-talk and my iPhone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.