gummy bear remover?...ahahahah [Archive] - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums

: gummy bear remover?...ahahahah

3rdGenPrelude
08-23-2004, 02:52 PM
yeah. somebody left some gummy bears in my glove compartment, and being in CaLi..the heat melted it into liquid man. it all collected at the bottom of the glove compartment...and a bunch of it got on my car charger, ear piece, deck of cards, and a buncha other stuff. it got her car charger too so :lol: .

but anybody have any idea how to remove it?...it looks like such a b*tch..i dont even wanna get started. jus buy a new glove box?

sh00rik
08-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Ger dry ice, freeze it, chip away at it! Im guessing here but that could work.

trubluluder93
08-24-2004, 01:13 AM
lick it...then take a picture of you doing it :lol:

I imagine a warm wet rag ought to work, only on the glove box though, not teh other stuff

cudaboy
08-24-2004, 02:53 AM
the glove box is plastic right? I wouldn't think dry ice would be to great for that but I don't know never used the stuff. I would think removing the glove box would make it easier to clean and give you more options. If you screw it up you would be half way to installing a good used one. :wink: other than that maybe a hair dryer and a putty nife. make sure you dont get the plastic too hot. the heat melted the gummy bears and didn't melt the box so you shouldn't have to get it that hot i would think. If you took it out and wasn't concerned about what was in it you could try boiling water ( or very hot water).

Boosted521
08-24-2004, 10:50 AM
take it out. spray a lot of clorox or some type of cleaner in it. let it sit for a little while. then scrub it out with brillow pad. that should work.

nickwankle
08-24-2004, 03:09 PM
take it out. spray a lot of clorox or some type of cleaner in it. let it sit for a little while. then scrub it out with brillow pad. that should work.
wouldnt the clorox discolor it? :Rock:

3rdGenPrelude
08-24-2004, 11:48 PM
thanks for the help guys..i guess taking it out right now will be the best start.

it is only the two screws at both ends yes?....or are there any other ways of taking it out?

2ndgenludedude
08-25-2004, 10:36 PM
lick it...then take a picture of you doing it :lol:

I imagine a warm wet rag ought to work, only on the glove box though, not teh other stuff

why am i thinking u woudl enjoy seeing that?

heyfrench
08-25-2004, 10:40 PM
lots and lots of ants...and little kids.

trubluluder93
08-26-2004, 12:46 AM
:oops:

brentm
11-21-2004, 05:28 PM
go and pick up some "goo gone" this shit is incredible, it removed gum that was mashed (and i mean mashed) into the back seat of my accord hatchback, i had tried freezing the gum and scraping it, that did shit all.

http://www.magicamerican.com/gg_images/GGS14AU_big.jpg

racereadySi
11-25-2004, 04:32 PM
try some automotive spot remover... let it sit for like 30 sec to a minute and it will come off with a plastic razor blade

90LudeSiALB
12-21-2004, 08:56 PM
you should sell the melted gummy bears on ebay and tell them that they are special glove box edition w/ bonus fuzzies for free :)

isnt the glove box lined with a fuzzy type liner, not just plastic? i dont know the fabric name. at least my 3rd gen has that lining.

90bluelude
01-25-2005, 04:33 PM
get a razor blade and some window cleaner takes the stuff right off, same thing with tree sap on paint and windows

igotskraped
01-25-2005, 09:23 PM
I would he got the gummy bears off 6 months ago. If not, well, keep trying. haha
Dan