How much PSI would a leaf blower produce. ? [Archive] - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums

: How much PSI would a leaf blower produce. ?

cadsii
12-28-2003, 06:59 PM
I was thinking of putting the one in my shed onto my intake ... I was wondering how much PSI it would produce and how i could check it ...

I am thinking of this kind of setup just cause i'm bored...

____________________----------\
K&N Filter /w DOOR Trap |______ -------
____________________----------/_____\
________________________________===== to intake
____________________----------\_____/
Blower Fan ___________|______-------
____________________----------/

The intake would be constant so there would be a release door when it needs air and sucks the door opens and it gets air from a K&N filter.
But the blower would be on a switch and a regulator. So when it's on the release door would be locked since air would try to get our there and it would only open 1 way . if you know what i'm saying...
I was just wondering how much PSI would the blower be able to produce. ?

Osp
12-28-2003, 07:06 PM
the average leaf blower produces about 115 mph winds so i think your intake would be a little....CRAZY!! good luck, i'll check on the psi

cadsii
12-28-2003, 07:07 PM
cool let me know ...

Team Caffeine
12-28-2003, 07:15 PM
just so you know, a guy on hp.com back in the day(i think his name was steve) also attempted or at least had plans to supercharge his lude with a leafblower. i think he gave up the project a long time ago though, not sure why.

good luck! i was really interested in this idea back then, and i'm still interested now :)

cadsii
12-28-2003, 07:16 PM
I'm gonna do it tomorrow ...
Just have to pick up the piping and create a latch door that will be sealed...
How much PSI can plastic withstand ... at least 3 ?

camel_89si
12-28-2003, 07:23 PM
lol! ya know, i actually did something like this when i had my 2nd gen accord! it wasmt permanent or anything but i hooked the blower up to my intake and had my friend turn it on and off while i revved the engine, and damn that thing sure did rev a WHOLE lot quicker than it usually did, with its whopping 86 horsepower!! lol! good luck with the project!

Osp
12-28-2003, 07:46 PM
did you turn it on while getting on it? if so, how big of an improvement?

Red91sit
12-28-2003, 08:26 PM
mmm u should be able to run a few psi on it if u can get the thing to fit within the hood confines. Also the aem water bypass will just blow out if u run much boost i think. and it requires a lotta vacuum to open it also so not sure why u want it just keep the leaf blower running. Gonna need a really good seal on the leaf blower too.

SiRxLaUgHs
12-28-2003, 08:33 PM
i don't see the leaf blower running any psi..
it doesn't compress the air.. it's just blows it out really fast..

cadsii
12-28-2003, 08:36 PM
i want to be able to control the blower's speed.
And i know exacly how i am going to test if there is boost at what settings.

Basically it's like a Y shape.
On the bottom of the Y is the TB.
The left part of the Y will have the blower attached to it.
The right part will have a door which will open into the pipe, meaning when it needs air and is sucking it will open.
But when it's not sucking or when the blower will be creating more air than the intake will need, it will be closed. So you will be able to presureize the tubing. So when i adjust the speed up higher i will look at the intake door to see if it's closing when it closes it will mean that the blower is pushing more air than the intake needs, hence creating presure in the tubing. I was also thinking of putting a presure gauge attached to the tubing to see the presure inside.

Apollo
12-28-2003, 10:33 PM
Just did a quick search on Google and found this:

Really it does work I am a student at LTI and this guy in a S10 pick-up truck hooked a leaf blower up and he gained 7hp produceing 2psi of boost, they tested it on a dyno with the blower off then with the blower on, the gains were 7hp & 8tq. The boost was read by a afermarket boost gauge.

Came from here (http://forums.stangnet.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14631) (StangNet? Obviously not the smartest people in the world :lol:)

Digitalsaint2050
12-29-2003, 12:21 AM
"you wanna run" "yeah what you got"" i got a leaf blower pushin 2psi and about 6 pounds of duct tape"

Jump
12-29-2003, 12:32 AM
"you wanna run" "yeah what you got"" i got a leaf blower pushin 2psi and about 6 pounds of duct tape"

LOL - that'd be funny. So, then this leaf blower deal, you go out, ready for hte big race, and what?, pull the starter cord? I mean, is this some kind of a 12 v blower or what?

Red91sit
12-29-2003, 01:13 AM
ha ha hang on i gotta put some gas in my blower.

Digitalsaint2050
12-29-2003, 01:57 AM
omg lol thats fucking comdey. starter cord and putting gas in the leaf blower.

the trick out be to get it somehow connection to your throttle cable so that the leaf blower and your throttle move at the same time.

your car would sound strange, with the leaf blower revin with your car

rudeludenotmeanthough
12-29-2003, 02:02 AM
you could use an inverter 120v baby!

racereadySi
12-29-2003, 02:48 AM
try it and post up on ur progress....... hold on i gotta put some gas in the leaf blower... lol funny shit....wonder what people would think....

Lucifer Caitiff
12-29-2003, 03:35 AM
lol!!!! oh man...,imagine that nasty sound against the lude...i hate leaf blowers with a burning passion...oh man i hate them

EVERY time i get waken up at 7am ITS A LEAFBLOWER

Raiders2k4
12-29-2003, 04:07 AM
it would be funny if you cut a hole in the hood for the exhaust of the blower. people would be like, "what's that?", oh that... bites nails, "It's my nitrous purging"

Bobnova
12-29-2003, 10:48 AM
If your actually serious about putting a leaf blower on your car remember that if you add more air you must add more fuel, you are supercharging your car. you'll need some form of fuel inrichment, and to bypass the MAP sensor at boost. basicly the same amount of stuff as with a turbo.

JAY_JAY_N
12-29-2003, 11:15 AM
hehe.. keep us posted.. pics would be great.. good luck with the project..

Azluderacer2002
12-29-2003, 03:17 PM
good luck

Digitalsaint2050
12-29-2003, 11:35 PM
...and just how much more fuel does 2psi need? hehe

Osp
12-29-2003, 11:55 PM
all the vw people would be like: "ha, a true honda"

except a leaf blower instead of a weed wacker

Lucifer Caitiff
12-30-2003, 12:30 AM